Monday, June 05, 2006

Why chooks?

It all started when I was a child...

I was never allowed to have any pets - our family never had cats, dogs or fish... My mother hated anything with fur, scales or feathers.

But why chooks? I go to the Royal Melbourne Show almost every year, and always make a point of going to the Poultry sheds first - I could stay all day, but kids drag me away to buy lolly bags. I love chooks, the look of them, the sounds they make, even the smell!

So, I decided to become a backyard chook keeper.

At the Show there were chook sheds on display, and I decided which one to get - see my later post about where I got my "fowl house". All I had to do was get rid of the kids cubby house (which was hardly used) and install the chook shed in the space.

This is my chook shed in situ!

And this is the interior...

No comments: